Athlete of the Month: Kristin Sorbel
Kristin Sorbel completed the first New You Challenge in Crossfit East Coast Braintree back in July. Kristin has dramatically improved in her fitness over the last 10 months. Kristin came in not wanting to drop the barbell to the ground, and also not wanting to add too much weight. As time went on she grew a confidence in the movements and in challenging herself with new weights and exercises. Kristin attends class 3X a week no matter what with her schedule as a veterinarian doctor. She does not makes excuses and this commitment shows and deserves praise.
1. What do you do for work? Veterinarian
2. What would you like us to know about you and / or your family? I am originally from Western Mass. I have a goofy 6 year old yellow lab named Fletcher. I am getting married at the end of September.
3. What is one thing that we may not know about you? I throw great birthday parties… for my dog.
4. How long have you been CrossFitting? 11 months
5. What time do you typically train? 6:30am
6. What is your favorite CrossFit movement and why? Squats – front or back squat, but I typically like back squats more. I love working up to a new 1 RM.
7. What are your current CrossFit goals? I would like to reach 200lb back squat – currently my PR is 145lb. I would like to be more efficient in rope climbs and improve my double-unders.
8. What are your current life goals? I try to be the best person I can be for me and my family. I have big goals and new “wins” every morning at CrossFit which help me with tasks I face outside of class.
9. What is your favorite memory at CrossFit East Coast? When Dan and Victoria pushed me to reach my front squat PR. I attempted 2 times before I was going to quit, and I’m still not quite there, but it means a lot having two amazing coaches supporting me.
10. How has CrossFit impacted your life outside of the box? CrossFit has been the best decision I made for both my health and my sanity. It has given me strength and endurance I didn’t even know I could possess. Since starting CrossFit I have been better about monitoring my eating and sleeping habits, which makes me stronger and more energetic throughout the day.
11. How would you describe CrossFit East Coast to others? I would describe CrossFit East Coast as a community of people who want to be healthy and fit, as well as supportive of each other through this incredible journey. The coaches are wonderful and motivated to help everyone succeed.
12. Is there anything else you’d like to add or share? I hope to continue to be involved in the CrossFit community and encourage others to join.
2017 06 22