Braintree Athlete of the Month: Laquetha Mieres
We at CrossFit East Coast have decided to start participating in a tradition that spans many CrossFit gyms, Athletes of the Month. We have many wonderful athletes within our gyms and want to start recognizing them with a feature each month.
I have known Laquetha since she first started and she has never ceased to amaze me. Always going above and beyond what she thought she was capable of physically, she also possesses a mental strength that isn’t seen in many new athletes. Where many athletes shy away from a challenge, Laquetha gives it everything she’s got. Congrats on all your success so far Laquetha, we can’t wait to see where you go! -Coach Nick
- What do you do for work? Business Analyst
- What would you like us to know about your and / or your family? I love music and dancing.
- What is one thing that we may not know about you? I am a bit of an introvert
- How long have you been CrossFitting? 7 months
- What time do you typically train? 5:30am.
- What is your favorite CrossFit movement and why? My favorite movement would be squats. I constantly surprise myself with how strong my legs are.
- What are your current CrossFit goals? To be able to do a pull up by next year and reach a 300lb back squat before the end of 2017.
- What are your current life goals? Being a good role model for my son.
- What is your favorite memory at CrossFit East Coast? My favorite memory would be during my first few months at CFEC we had what felt like 100 burpees to complete in the WOD and i was struggling so bad. Everyone else had finished and i was just about ready to give up when one person said to me “you are going to finish these!” She asked me how many more i had and started doing burpees with me and counting them down every time we hit the floor. It didn’t take long for everyone else in the room to start counting with us till we finished, i think one other person even joined us in doing burpees. I really appreciated that so much. I needed that push and it proved to me that work outs are a team effort in CFEC and no one gets left behind. That experience though has in no way improved my feelings towards burpees.
- How has CrossFit impacted your life outside of the box? It has given my confidence a huge boost and i approach life with a more positive “i can do anything” attitude.
- How would you describe CrossFit East Coast to others? CFEC is the perfect place!!! The coaches are phenomenal, the people i work out with are awesome. It’s the great people and sense of camaraderie that keeps me coming back.
2017 04 03